Aggie Patchwork

This quilt was an unexpected challenge.  It was based on a design we saw at Lone Star Quiltworks in College Station (Bryan really).  The novelty fabric (four different prints) did not have as tight a weave as quilt quality fabric.  I had a lot of issues with stretching, shifting and raveling.  It’s a bit out of square but I think I did a fair job of hiding that.

The finished size was 45 x 47 which was smaller than I had planned but I was ready to move on.  It was quilted with a zig zag stitch over white satin ribbon.  I also worked in some Kona Medium Gray, White and Burgundy squares.  The backing was made with more of the maroon and beige novelty prints with just a couple of seams.  For the thread I tried some Superior King Tut in white, although I can’t say I could tell much difference from my usual YLI.  The batting was Warm and White and the binding was Kona Burgundy.

It was ready just in time for Parent’s Weekend.  Gig ’em Aggies!

 

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *